The audacious vision that drives us and shapes our goals is that we want to be the catalyst for a game-changing movement in ex-offender ministry that is effective, reproducing, transferable, sustainable, and broadly ecumenical for hundreds, if not thousands of churches. Since our broader vision is to help bridge the gap between ex-offenders and congregations, we have an overarching goal and subsidiary outcomes for both ex-offenders and congregations.
Goal #1: Our Goal for Ex-offenders: We want to create a large, strong network of ex-offenders who are actively involved in the local church, growing in their faith, developing as leaders, and effectively bonding and reaching out to other ex-offenders.
- Outcome 1: Increase the number of inmates successfully planning for re-entry.
- Outcome 2: Increase the number of ex-offenders learning from and supporting each other spiritually.
- Outcome 3: Increase the number of ex-offenders successfully “mainstreaming” into congregational life.
- Outcome 4: Increase the number of ex-offenders equipped and actively serving as ministry apprentices, leaders, and coaches.
Goal #2: Our Goal for Congregations: We want to motivate and equip a wide range of congregations to engage in viable, valuable ex-offender ministry.
- Outcome 1: Increase awareness of, reduce apprehension about, and provide an alternative approach to congregation-based ex-offender ministry.
- Outcome 2: Increase the number of congregations actively involved in church-based ex-offender ministry.